Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Rotary Presentation...

   Last night I did my presentation for my host Rotary club...in French of course. It was alot easier than I thought it would be. My Rotarians are very nice and the President speaks English, sooo nice. I did all of my presentation in French but when the president asked me to tell him about my Rotary banner I did it in English because the only thing I could have said about it in French would have been "c'est un bateu.."(it's a boat). The Rotary meeting was at a nice little restaurant in my city, and during the meeting they passes around these little fried fish. I couldn't bring myself to eat one because their little eyes were staring at me. But for dinner we had Octopus, and I tried that...it wasn't bad. But I could not watch myself cut it..I could see the little suction cup things and it was weird.
   I am so happy that I had my YEO, Claude, and my host parents there. I love Virginie and Sebastièn so much, they are the best. I don't even want to think about changing host families or going back to America. I don't have to change families for about four or five more months but still. I really am not homesick, although I miss a few things, my dog, mexican food, my friends, and that's about it lol. I think all of the exchange students miss their dogs the most. It's sad haha but I guess it's because we can talk to our parents and they can come visit us but our dogs can't. Sorry mom I love you. lol
   School is good, my théâtre teacher is nice one minute then screaming the next and my Anglais teacher...well he's just British, only good way to describe him. The other day in PE the teacher yelled at me and then she remembered I don't speak much French and I probably didn't understand her...mostly because she was yelling at me. And she kind of scares me. My friends at school are great I love them, they're all so funny and crazy. They all wanna know everything about America and I always forget certain things when I'm put on the spot like that. They talk to me in English sometimes and help me with my French. They make fun of me because I'm ALWAYS tired but I can't help it being here is exhausting!! I love it and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now, but dang I have to work twice as hard to understand simple things. Now I know how hard it is for the people in America that are from other countries that say stuff like "I go to school now?" or "I ask tonight, okay?". Yeah super awesome to realize you sound like an idiot, but I know it can only get better and it will, it already has. Sebastièn told me the first day I was here he had no idea what he was going to do with me because pretty much all I said was "I don't know...". But now he knows what to do with me lol make fun of me and tease me, but it's definitely not in a harsh way. He's almost like a father to me, he and Virginie treat me like I'm their daughter. It's like I have a second set of parents. I still love my real mom though and she'll always be my mother. But it's nice to have them because they make my life so much easier. I haven't gotten introuble for anything yet...although I haven't done anything to get introuble but still. I hear about other peoples host families and I am so lucky to be with mine, they are so awesome!
   This past Sunday the exchange students in my district and our host parents went to St. Tropez...Oh my gosh SOOOO BEAUTIFUL!! I love the water and being in St Tropez was incredible it is a rich boat city. With literally the biggest boats I've ever seen..EVER. And it has tons of designer clothing shops..which most of them were closed because it was a Sunday. I love the trips with other exchange students, it's so nice to have someone to talk to that knows exactly what you're going through and speaks the same language as you. I really hope we can take a trip to Italy and maybe see the other exchange students that are living there.(:

No comments:

Post a Comment