Friday, August 26, 2011

Day Two.(:

 So today has been interesting. This morning I woke and Jarod make me breakfast...a HUGE bowl/cup thingy of chocolate milk, and some break with nutella. Oh my gosh was it not a good idea to try the that much milk...the milk here is richer and I am not used to it. My stomach hurt so bad I went to my room and took some pepto and went to sleep from 9am to 2 pm.
 When I woke up I saw Sebastian and Jarod on the couch so I sat down and we all watched tv. Later Seabstian called Jarod and asked if we wanted to go to the supermarket with him and so we did. I don't know why people in America think that in France people go to the little street markets. They don't, they have HUGE super markets..literally it's like Super Walmart on stereiods...it's crazy!! Oh so funny story, I was walking in to the super market and a man walks out wear almost the exact same shorts as me...I was wearing very short Nike shorts. haha I am definitely in Europe. Oh and most men wear purses..even teenagers.
 So for dinner tonight I think we ate canalope, pasta, and possibly chicken..if chickens buck in France. It was pretty good. I've tried everything but the stinky cheese Sebastian eats EVERY night, ewww Virginie doesn't like it either, so I figured it was okay to not try it. I don't want to kill my stomach. lol I showed them pictures from Alabama and they saw the football ones and they were like oh my gosh!!! They are so aggressive. It was funny.
 Also I think they're taking me to the beach....cause they keep talking about it but um yeah I'm not quite sure, but let's hope they do. And take me out on their boat. My host family is soooo nice!!(: My host mother is letting me borrow her straightner and she's getting her neighbor to help me with my french. Thank goodness because this whole not talking thing....KILLING ME!!! haha but I still love France and I am sooo happy I am here thanks to Daphne-Spanish Fort Rotary Club(: Merci beaucoup!!!
  It is so weird, I'm like half thinking in french and when I type, I'm almost trying to translate it in my head. But anyways it is 12:00am so I should probably get some sleep so I can learn more french so I can talk!!(: Bonne nuit America.

No comments:

Post a Comment