Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Finally here!(:

 So I arrived in Paris yesterday at 6AM Paris time, 12AM Alabama time. And I got to spend a lovely six hours in the airport with all of the other amazing exchange students going to different parts of France. We people watched and talked and exchanged business cards so we could keep in touch with each other. And oh my gosh even the food at the airport was AMAZING. I realize that I'm in France, but I didn't expect to find all of the food. They had quiches, croissants, pastries, and many many other French delights. I myself had a croissant au chocolat, it was more flaky and delicious than I could have ever imagined it would be and it was worth the three euros I paid for it.
 On the seven hour flight to Paris I was lucky enough to sit next to a Parisian who spoke English well and was willing to help me with my words quite a few times. I felt pretty comfortable about my French until  I met Robin, a 16 year old french boy who was flying home from Miami. He spoke very little English and apparently I speak less French than I thought I did. lol
 So meeting the Rotarians at the airport....Interesting. lol I could not understand them no matter how many times they said it. And then my host father...neither he nor my brother Gerrod speak much English. They laughed at me like constantly, I just smiled and preteneded I knew what they were talking about.
  France is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love everything about it, even though I hardly speak the laugage....for now. it is only my first day....and I haven't slept in like two days. sooo yeahh. But I found out some facts:
1) French people are NOT typically rude!!
2) French women DO shave!
3) The cars AREN'T tiny.
4) Showers in France gonna take some getting used to.
5) The toilettes are in their own little rooms.
 But tonight for Dinner I have no idea what I ate, but it was GOOOD....and I think part of it was raw ham.....maybe that's what jambon rouge means...but I don't know. And honestly I don't even care lol.
Also Apparently I'm halirious because my host family can't stop laughing at me..

No comments:

Post a Comment