Sunday, September 4, 2011

J'aime la ville...pas la montage.

 I haven't really been doing a ton of stuff lately. I met my second host family. They were going to take me to the beach but that didn't exactly work out as planned. But it's okay, I've been going to work with Virginie. I don't know why but I could sit there forever and watch her and Patrice do hair. I love sitting there and talking to her clients, reading french magazines, and talking to Pedro(Florein) and Patrice in english when they make me mad because they keep speaking too fast for me to understand them. It's always fun. My host mother's hair salon is like right in the middle of a bunch of cute boutiques so when I get bored I go and look around at all of the cute french clothes.(: I really want Virginie to go shopping with me, but she's always working. I feel bad for her she works so much, but I know she loves what she does. She is the sweetest host mother ever! I am so lucky to have her!!!(: Even if she doesn't understand half the things I say to her and vise versa.
 So it's dimache (Sunday), and I start school mardi (Tuesday)...I'm excited because I want to make friends. But I am also scared because I've never been to a new school in my life, I've gone to SFPPS, SFS, SFHS, SFMS, and SFHS. But this is going to be fun and I talked to  Ludovic last night, Virginie's son who is in Nebraska right now on exchange. He said everything would be fine, and that everyone would want to be friends with me because I'm American...let's hope so. Also he told me he would tell his friends about me so I would have some people to talk to atleast.
  I know Virginie misses him very much but she knows he is very happy in America..he LOVES it. lol but he does miss his friends here. I know the feeling...you love where you are and you really want to be there but you do still miss your friends, still you wouldn't go home right now.
 But seriously....I MISS THE FOOD, I have wanted a burrito from Moes like since I got here, and some Firehouse, my mom's Baked mac n cheese, my mom's cheese dip, chocolate chip pancakes, cinnamon rolls, SKIMMED MILK, gumbo, crab bisque, and SWEET TEA & FRIED CHICKEN...or anything fried for that matter...omg. I am makin myself super hungry, I should stop. But seriously, I miss it. Don't get me wrong I love the French food...it's soooo good and it's healthy, with eating it and walking EVERYWHERE I think I'm loosing weight. haha But I did have cheese grits for breakfast, and no they don't have grits in France....I brought them from America.(:
 It is getting easier for me to understand people and talk to them, although I still read alot better than I speak. I read a whole article in french and understood most of it. And I read the longest newspaper article out loud to work on my pronounciation with my french tutor..my throat hurt soooo bad. She said I had very good pronunciation though, so that's always good.(: But after that my throat and brain hurt. I have gotten one headache when I was with the other host family because they all try to talk at once and their little 4 year old son likes to scream and kick my seat and squirt everyone with water at dinner. But it's all good now. My hands hurt from typing now so I'll post again after school starts.(: Ciao!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm on exchange right now in France too! Cool blog! I'll be following!

    voyagesdekelsey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete